Monday, February 28, 2011

Never Say Never


Who could argue with Justin Bieber and the inspirational moment he’s sharing with the world through his new flick, Never Say Never.  Certainly not me.

Besides making money and having fun, the kid just wants to "let people know there's a lot of people that are discouraging in life and that will tell you you can't do something, but you just got to remember that the sky's the limit.

“You can do whatever you set your mind to as long as you remember to keep God first and stay grounded. So I think the movie really explains that, and it's really inspiring."

In other words. if someone says no, no, no (other than Amy Winehouse) you just gotta say ‘yes, yes, yes.’

Bieber’s a living embodiment of where Never Say Never can get you. We all know how important it is to have determination, chutzpah, extreme confidence (and in his case, God and Usher onside).

I’m already on record saying that I don’t disagree with the uplifting wisdom of the Biebster’s philosophy. It’s good. I just have a hard time taking life lessons from a sixteen year-old. It brings out the rebel in me, and probably doesn’t come from what Justin would consider a ‘good’ place inside.

Nevertheless, I’m finding myself trying to come up with a list of situations when Maybe It’s Ok To Say Never.  As in…

NEVER:  use margarine instead of butter in your baking…lie nude on the beach in Goa without SPF 15…take the last bite of anything on my plate, particularly if it’s the chocolate frosting I’ve been saving for last… forget to add parsnips when making chicken soup …tell someone it’s easy to lose weight, you just have to eat less…think water resistant is the same as waterproof…send in a resume without proofing it a hundred times first...tell me God has a purpose for everything…say ‘anyone can knit a sweater, it’s easy’…forget to say please and thank you…or think just because you ‘made it’ in the world, everyone else can.

Anyone else want to add to the list?

3 comments:

  1. Never say, "you remind me of your mom".
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never say "you sound like your mom".
    And don't even think about saying "But, you do"! (kidding or not)

    ReplyDelete